I’ve included a new section on my blog where I would like to share some of my favourite foods and recipes, especially South African food (nothing beats home!). No diets. No veganism. No offence. Just simple, hearty and good food. For the first recipe, I’ve shared below one of my pregnancy cravings…BANANA BREAD! Whether you’re in the need for comfort food, a simple and quick dessert (or even breakfast 😋), or just need to carbo-load…
680kj per portion (but who’s counting?)
- 500ml (2 cups) flour
- 250ml (1 cup) sugar
- 120g butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 large, ripe peeled and mashed bananas
- 65ml water
- 7ml (1.5 teaspoons) baking powder
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a bowl until light and creamy in texture.
- Stir in the mashed bananas and beat to combine thoroughly.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, blending well.
- Sift the flour and salt into the mixture and stir to blend well.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the water and stir into the mixture, then stir in the baking powder.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf or cake tin and bake for 180 degrees for 45 min.
- Let it cool down on a wire rack for a few minutes once baked.